- Doing a Systematic Review: A student’s guide. This is an excellent resource with great information on not just structuring a search, but synthesizing and reporting your review as well. Highly recommended.
- Research Synthesis and Meta-Analysis: A Step-by-Step Approach – recommended by the Meta-Analysis Research Center, University of Missouri Sinclair School of Nursing
- The Integrative Review: Updated Methodology
- Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Review and Meta-Analyses: The PRISMA Statement
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interentions
- Methodology in Conducting a Systematic Review of Systematic Reviews of Healthcare Interventions
- Five Steps to Conducting Systematic Review
Workshops and Seminars
- Meta-Analysis Summer Institute – a one-week residential, intensive introduction to meta-analysis, meta-analytic software, and literature review
A note about materials that are not publicly available at no cost – while these resources are not generally available for free except perhaps through your library, we felt they offered valuable insight. By linking to the textbooks on commercial websites and journal publisher websites, we are attempting to make sure that individuals without our library privileges can access the full descriptions. Please use your resources wisely and attempt to locate these documents and books through your school or public library or by other means if you so desire. We do not endorse purchase through any specific vendors or outlets.